351mc Photography and Narrative: Final Task ‘Katya’s story’ – Revised version
After receiving feedback from my first version of ‘Katya’s Story’ I decided to take on board the feedback which I received and make some changes. Although mostly positive, it was pointed out that there were some things that need changing.
I had used too many images and of various different sizes. I should have remained with the 6×6 medium format images which were much stronger. Weak images were removed and replaced with much stronger, less obvious.
I also needed to slow down the images to allow some space to breathe. Less images meant that I could lengthen the viewing time for each image, to allow the viewer to read the images more closely.
I had been too literal with the images matching the audio. A little too over the top I might add. This was easily resolved by removing the images.
I had used a few images from newspaper and magazine articles to emphasise poverty and the economy. It was pointed out that this is a cheap way of showing what you are trying to say. I should have took the time to find the images that talk about these issues. I found suitable images and made the changes.
Regarding sound, the recording was made in a very large empty room, which may sound ideal at first, but this created a hollow sound. Although, it was noted that the subjects voice came across very clear.
Below is the revised version which now comes across as a much stronger film.